Friday, September 23, 2005

Friendship

I really don't understand some things. Food, you can pour your heart and soul into; and any person even the most uneducated can see this and most often will appreciate it. But a friendship, you can try and try to develop, with no success. Best friends become old friends become new friends become best friends. What the fuck is the point of working at something that's going to fade away on you?

I suppose the point is the thought of someday you'll find someone, a best friend. I'm not talking about love and relationships, lifetime eternal happiness, that's a whole different game and a whole different story. Friends and lovers are different entities, and sometimes you need a friend. But this cycle of aging and regrowing weighs a bit heavily on me. I guess the best thing to do is to live in the 'now', and live with the fact that someone you thought would always help you hold the bridge is sometimes replaced; hopefully by someone that will stay with you. I appreciate what I have now, more than I can explain, but years waiting to reap what I sow is leaving me with a basket of fruit I had not intended. Perhaps, it is better this way.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger celebchef said...

Food usually gives back what you put into it. Unless you screw up.
People however....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home