Wednesday, March 08, 2006

If it has to be done...

This is how you do it.

http://teaandcookies.blogspot.com/

See, posting my own thoughts about bullshit food writing did nothing more than ignite a fire to FIND an exception. So, in slight contradiction to my own words, if you are going for art, do it like Tea does it.

Most importantly, it's about the world, not all about the food. I think this is a key concept from keeping it away from being silly.

Tomorrow night I start my new schedule and go to work again. As of last week I no long cook on Tuesday nights, but instead I go Thursday Night, Friday, and Saturday morning. Two nights in a row will be excellent as the guys (it just happens to be guys this time) that work these nights are the best in the whole place, I will learn a lot. Having two nights in a row also means repetition, which means I will probably retain more. The saturday morning edition (yes i spelled it wrong) was to get me in the kitchen with the head prep chef, who is leaving in three weeks. I hope to soak up loads of information from him before he wanders into his own place...just down the street.

It has been almost a week since my last fine dice in a kitchen and I can't wait to get started again. Who knows what awaits?

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Tea said...

Thanks for the mention, Bistro. Yes, I am a writer. But more than that I am an editor, so it's all about paring down to the essentials of a story.

That said, I must admit to liking the great variety of food blogs out there--the good, the bad, and the unagi. That's part of what is appealing about the food blog world for me, the variations are endless.

Thanks again for the link and the very kind comments. I look forward to following your adventures as well.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Bistro said...

I'll gladly give credit where it's due (slight word change to avoid the cliche hehe)

Just don't let all that extranious attention garbage get the best of your writing ok? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home